Monday, September 27, 2010

WORDS FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE CRESTVIEW CHAMBER - GROWTH GROWTH GROWTH

Okay my fellow BLOG readers. I thought you might want to read what the Executive Director of the Crestview Chamber might have to say. First, let me tell you, he is not only, the Executive Director of the Chamber, he is an Okaloosa County Commissioner, Retired Air Forces Service Member, and a good friend. I also have him scheduled to be my Guest Speaker at the November 2010 Military Officer's Association. I am formally inviting my fellow business men and women to attend this meeting in Fort Walton Beach. If interested, please give me a call. Enough said about that. As you will see, excitement is in the air about the 7th Special Forces Group and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter; however bigger things will happen because of the incoming university and the Crestview Industrial Airpark. So read on, and if you are in the position to development, build, or invest, you might want to get serious about Crestview NOW. The timing want get any better.

FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE CRESTVIEW CHAMBER - MR. WAYNE HARRIS:

"I’ve told you in the past and most of you know about the 7th Special Forces Group and their numbers, 2200-2500 military and corresponding families.The last time we talked about the Joint Strike Fighters the official number had not been determined and I am sure you all know now that 59 will most certainly be making their home here at Eglin and the other 48 with go to Luke AFB in Arizona. Yea, I know not what we expected but my Daddy always taught me that “A half of loaf is always better than no loaf when you’re hungry” so let’s be happy we are getting the bulk of the contingent. Even with that the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) action was very good to us so we all need to be thankful. Next and just as important is the official transfer of the deed for Alatex building downtown to FAMU. This, again I believe, will have a more significant impact on the downtown area than anything else that can be achieved, even more in my estimation, than the BRAC. This will create strong desires by the business world to open their shops, boutiques, restaurants etc., on or in and around Main Street. In fact, the UWF’s Haas Center for Business Development estimates a $100 million dollar impact to Crestview in the first 5 years and more after that. A point of interest to us all is the fact that during a down economy two communities that do well are Military communities and College/University towns, folks we will have both. Additionally, as FAMU gets up and running and start educating upper level Pharmacists, Nurses and Dental students, mark my words, you’ll probably start seeing other colleges and universities vying to get a place at the table of Crestview. Wow! Next month maybe I will be able to fill you in on some of the other great things that are on our plate over the next few years…stay tuned and if you want to really know what’s going on in our home call Beverly White at the Chamber and talk to her about joining our Chamber if you are not already."

No comments: